posted this on May 07, 2012 07:18 AM
Last Updated: February 11, 2014
Before you create a Time Entry, you may want to review the resources for setting your User Default Rate, Client rates, Matter rates and Activity Descriptions here.
Go to the Activities tab and the first sub-tab is "Time Entries". These are time entries across all of your matters. To add a new one, click on "Add":
1. User: Determine the user. Click "me" to enter time for yourself, or choose another user's name if you wish to enter time on their behalf;
2. Matter: Enter in the Matter by starting to type the name or number. Then choose the matter from the drop down menu;
3. Description: Choose the Activity Description or choose the "No Description" at the very top if you do not wish to use one;
4. Duration: Enter in the duration;
5. Note: Enter in any notes about your activities you wish to show on the bill;
6. Date: Change the date, if applicable;
7. Rate: If you have chosen the Activity Description the associated rate will pop up automatically. If you want to change the rate, enter it here;
Then, click "Save Time Entry".
You can also enter in time entries on a matter card. To do so, go to the matter in Clio and click on the "Time" tab. From there you follow the same instructions as above.
The "quick-start" timer is easily accessed via the Timekeeping area in your right hand toolbar as seen below:
To create a new time entry, simply click the "+" symbol (highlighted below) to automatically start a running timer:
Once the timer is running, you can click on the edit icon (highlighted below) to edit the details of the entry, including setting the matter association, date, description and billable rate.
If have any questions, comments, or concerns about Clio don't hesitate to contact us via our feedback form, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 1-888-858-CLIO(2546).
Support Software by Zendesk